Seaport of Naples (Porto di Napoli)
Our ferry left pier Calata Porta di Massa and headed for the exit from the harbour.
to the Left of the ferries plying on the Bay of Naples, are terminals shipping lines.
Ferry company Tirrenia operates flights Naples-Palermo and Naples-Cagliari.
the Company Grandi Navi Veloci ("large fast ships") really lives up to its name - the ferries go to Palermo in just 10 hours, and make two trips a day - day and night. The court of competitors going on 2 hours longer and only at night. Ticket price for both lines is approximately the same, the cheapest "deck", costs about 50 euros.
mooring marine station moored cruise ships. Today in Naples brought tourists liner Sovereign Cruises Pullmantour company.
Naval station is one of the Imperial symbols of fascist Italy, built in 1936. Architect Cesare Basani clearly inspired by Soviet constructivism of the late 20s - early 30s.
on the other hand the Marine station is Norwegian Jade Norwegian cruise lines (NCL).
Panorama of passenger port.
Leave a pier at Porto di Massa. The Eastern part of the port is a bulk cargo terminal on the banks of the Grand Elevator and loading dock. On the right is visible wrapped repair forest bell tower of the Church of Santa Maria del Carmine.
Still East is the area of the repair docks.
On the pier in anticipation of the tourist season are high-speed vessels, including hydrofoils.
Among them were found two domestic - "Katran" and "Comet". In Italy the SEC used in large quantities, and we reason they declared unprofitable.
At the wall is a large cruise liner, unfortunately, not see the name. He seems to update the chimneys.
For docks tower towers Business center, built in 1995 under the project of Japanese architect Kenzo Tange.
South Naples port separated from the sea by a pier of San Vincenzo, which stretches for two kilometers. Closer to shore is the old Maritime Arsenal, belonging to the Navy to the Navy of Italy.
For Arsenal seen the Royal Palace, to the left the dome of the Basilica of San Francesco di Paola.
Another part of the pier is used for settling the civil courts. An old "Patricia" 1954 building is idle for a long time, I seen in 2011.
we Pass the lighthouse, built in 1932, but its history goes back as far as 1268.
in Front of the lighthouse travelers blesses San Gennaro, the patron Saint of the city.
About the history of the port, the lighthouse and pier of San Vincenzo you can read here.
Municipality of Naples for twenty years has plans to make the promenade Mall, and even spent a considerable amount on its renovation, but access to it is still closed.
After the lighthouse pier out into the sea almost at 500 meters. The extremity of the pier.
Finally, the port remained astern, our ferry left in the Gulf of Naples and headed for the island of Ischia.